- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup orange juice concentrate
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Bake sweet potatoes on a 400 degree F oven until they can be pierced with a fork. Coo, peel and cut into 1 inch pieces. Place cooked potatoes in a 2 quart covered baking dish. Combine orange juice, butter, brown sugar and spices in a small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until sugar and butter are melted: pour over potatoes. Bake covered at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake another 10 minutes.
- 8 slices day old bread, toasted and cubed
- 7 oz. corn muffin mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium onion
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 tablespoons butter
Grease slow cooker. Crumble cornbread into a large mixing bowl. Add all ingredients except the butter. Pour dressing mixture into the slow cooker and dot with butter. Cook on high for 2 hours or on low 3 ½ to 4 ½ hours.
I found a great deal on a crock pot!: CLICK HERE
- 1 9’ unbaked pie shell (deep dish)
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup clear or white Karo Syrup
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup pecans (chopped or halves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs and salt.
- Mix in flour and sugar.
- Gradually add in syrup and beat well.
- Add melted butter and pecans.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pie is done when top cracks.
** Clear syrup = mild sweet pie
Darker syrup = distinct maple flavor