- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup raisins
- Orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice
Wash and pick over cranberries. In a saucepan bring to a boil water and sugar, stirring to dissolve sugar. Add cranberries, return to a boil. Reduce heat, simmer for 10 minutes or until cranberries burst. Add optional ingredients to taste. Remove from heat. Cool completely to room temperature and then chill in refrigerator. Will thicken as it cools.
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 ½ cups coconut oil (can use vegetable oil)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups grated carrots – raw
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 4 eggs
Cream sugar and oil, add eggs and beat well. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon then add to sugar and eggs. Bake in a greased and floured 9x12x2 inch cake pan for 1 hour at 300 degrees F.
- 1 box powdered sugar
- 1 8ounce package of cream cheese (softened)
- ½ stick of butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together and ice cake in pan.
- 1 9’ unbaked pie shell (deep dish)
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 cup clear or white Karo Syrup
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 cup pecans (chopped or halves)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat eggs and salt.
- Mix in flour and sugar.
- Gradually add in syrup and beat well.
- Add melted butter and pecans.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Pie is done when top cracks.
** Clear syrup = mild sweet pie
Darker syrup = distinct maple flavor